9.19.2012

September 19, 1939 Tuesday

My Birthday 21 Years

September 19, 1939 Tuesday

Today I am of age! 21 years! Today also is Moms and Dads 24th Anniversary! I rushed downtown straight after work and bought a card then took the bus out to the Flower Shop and bought a bunch of flowers for Mom. When I got home Eunice was here and Marit had baked an apple cake and Mom had supper ready. After supper Ann Marie brought her victrola down and we moved the table over in the kitchen and danced. It was fun. Rachel baked me a cake so we had coffee and cake. Then they gave me my presents. $3.00 from Marit, Hankies from Eunice and Ruthie and $3.00 from Mom and Pop. Laurie and I walked Eunice partly home. Brought my cake into the office today. Good but a little heavy. Did they kid me! I know they didn't mean it. Got loads of birthday cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment