9.05.2012

September 5, 1939 Tuesday

September 5, 1939 Tuesday

Here it is close to 1:00 A.M. and Marit and I wide awake - or are we? I've finished doing my nails and I've washed my hair and taken a bath and doctored Marit's sore. Marit was outside to hang up her bra and it was pitch dark and she fell over Lawrence's ice wagon and got a nasty cut on her thigh. It's very ridgy and rather deep. It doesn't take Marit long to start a little excitement! The infants start school again tomorrow and is Mom glad! Now she says her vacation will start. The war in Europe is still raging. There were 90 lives lost, as far as they can determine, in the sinking of the "Athenia". I never thought I would live to hear about a war between such civilized countries. I thought they had learned their lesson!

No comments:

Post a Comment