9.07.2012

September 7, 1939 Thursday

Surprise!!

September 7, 1939 Thursday

Again worked until six. I went home with Ginny to supper. Her mother is in Texas and has been for the last week or two. We got our own supper and then Ev and the two of us went to meeting at Noa's. Karin didn't show up at all. Eunice came to meeting and it was nice to see her once again. We sat in the bedroom and talked and when it came time to eat Noa shut the door and went out and fixed things herself. I didn't suspect a thing and it was a complete surprise when they opened the door and on the table was a birthday cake! For me! A little early but Noa is going on her vacation and she didn't want to go without being at my birthday party so she had it! She got me a rat trap with a poem on it to the effect that I was just a little girl and didn't know where I was at and that would prepare me in case I met a rat!

No comments:

Post a Comment