11.11.2012

November 11, 1939 Saturday

November 11, 1939 Saturday

I don't know what to write, I'm so heartsick I can't even cry. We got up early and the painters came and finished their work. Mom and Dad and I and Ruthie and Lawrence worked like beavers until we had the house looking grand and all in order. Then the phone rang and it was our cousin and he couldn't come because he was expecting an important telegram from Norway so Mom unsuspecting soul suggested that we go to Boston and talk to him so he was delighted at that plan and it ended up with Karl, Pop, and I going. We met him and the captain who is very nice. K.H. isn't very good looking but he's nice enough. Well Pop got feeling good and brought up the old trouble about uncle Hans and he - and poof that was that!

No comments:

Post a Comment