11.04.2012

November 4, 1939 Saturday

November 4, 1939 Saturday

Oh I've got such exciting thrilling news for today.  Mother woke me up and showed me a letter Dad had received posted from the Norweigan American Steamship Line.  Of course we were eaten up with curiosity to find out who it was from and seeing as how Dad was working we couldn't open his mail so I called him up and Mom, at his request, opened the letter and read it to him.  And here's the news!  Carl Hans Gjerpen, son of Hans, the boat owner in in N.Y. and stopping at the Pennsylvania Hotel!  He wasn't sure of our address so asked us to write him.  We decided to call him up after seven tonight.  Went to the movies this afternoon with Ginny and Ev and after went over to Mags where I bought a new dress blue tailored!  I'm home and I called New York but I couldn't get ahold of him!  The operator said she would have him call me.  Oh I'm so excited and thrilled and so is everyone.  The payoff is Karl is in N.Y. seeing the N. Dame-Army game.

P.S. Saw Ingrid Bergman and Leslie Howard in Intermezzo.  I liked it.


No comments:

Post a Comment