5.16.2012

May 16, 1939 Tuesday

May 16, 1939 Tuesday

Should have worked overtime tonight but didn't. Just as I was finishing supper Karin called and asked if I'd like company for supper. Well she came up and told us she'd been down to Birnbaums and bought two new dresses. She's got a bill close to fifty dollars now. It doesn't worry her though. Now she's talking about marriage she who maintained she'd never get married! After she'd eaten we went into the front room and Karin proceeded to lecture me. Seems I'm not selfish enough and I'm too sweet. I shouldn't let people run all over me. Admitted she'd been doing it for years (running over me I mean). She said I was hurt at criticism and then I didn't do anything about it. I shouldn't sit home and I shouldn't save money but use it for clothes and fun and so on into the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment