5.18.2012

May 18, 1939 Thursday

May 18, 1939 Thursday

I wore my new polka dot candy pink dress for the first time to the office today. I got so many compliments on it so I gather it must look rather nice on me. It feels nice anyway. Betty Miller came in all dressed up too so everyone wanted to know where we were going. Betty suggested we go to Hartford seeing as everyone expected us to go someplace. I jumped at the idea and was all set to go when Betty came over to my desk shortly before closing time and said she didn't feel well so did I mind if we went to a show in N.B. instead. I agreed but on the way downtown she decided she felt better so we went to Hartford. Ate at "Spaghetti Palace", saw "Lucky Night" with Robert Taylor and Myrna Loy, after went to Round Table and had glass of beer - first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment