5.17.2012

May 17, 1939 Wednesday

May 17, 1939 Wednesday

Worked until six. Miss Bancroft away on her vacation. The girls and I went to Vermont with our thinking of going up again for a weekend. It will be fun. Not until July though. Got a run in my only pair of stockings so I had to buy two pairs tonight. I hate being poor! But as Karin says I don't do anything about it! Her talk keeps running through my head and I find myself wondering if she really means all she says. We've never talked that way before but oh well it was fun. Nice to know where you stand and what people think of you. She may be right in some of her ideas but she's dead wrong in others. She says she's pretty good and she knows it. What can you do with a girl like that? I can't really get mad at her!

No comments:

Post a Comment