5.05.2012

May 5, 1939 Friday

May 5, 1939 Friday

Got such a nice compliment from one of the boys in the office today. He came over to use the telephone and he asked if he could sit there and look at me and I said, "If you can stand it!" and he said "Stand it! I'll say!" and then he followed it up with, "They ought to put you on exhibition somewhere" and I said "Yes! World's Fair - Freak Show" and he protested vehemently - Nice of him, of course I blushed like a fool and he commented on it - Darn it! Karin came down for me to go to meeting tonight. She took the car and we drove through Main St. It was her first time but after a minor mishap, if it could be called that, we made it, Karin saying under her breath well I've got to do it sometime might as well be now. Picked up Noa and went to Ginny's house. Later we all went for a ride to Freida Farms and had Orangeades. So much fun. Karin took them all home and me last, we sat in front of the house smoking and Karin talked about Ray-

No comments:

Post a Comment