3.02.2012

March 2, 1939, Thursday

March 2, 1939, Thursday

I was cleaning Mother's room for her when the phone rang. It was Karin - she was downtown and asked if I wanted company for supper so of course I immediately asked her up. We had supper, looked through magazines and made plans for Easter Clothes. We were at a loss for something to do when Mom asked how we would like a cocktail. Such a mother! The Angel! I'm glad though that I can smoke and drink in front of her (not that I do much) I'd hate to have to sneak around corners doing things. I've got some ginger ale and cherries and mixed the drinks not very strong but good. The three of us sat and sipped , smoked, and talked. Then we played Ping Pong and I went up and got my skirts from Mary Vase. They look nice. Lawrence and I walked to the bus with Karin. She was in a good mood so I asked her if Dave mentioned he had seen me and she said yes. He came home and said he had driven home with a beautiful blonde. Hope he really thinks so.

No comments:

Post a Comment