3.05.2012

March 5, 1939, Sunday

March 5, 1939, Sunday

I woke about 9:00 this morning looked out the window, turned over and went back to sleep until 9:30 when Mrs. Seibert called us and said we were going someplace so hurry up and get dressed! We did - Had breakfast and got started. I guess about 10:00. The weather was cloudy, dreary, and it was raining, need I say more? Well we went to New York! We didn't go to the Zoo because it was so wet out but instead we went to the Botanical Gardens. I wish I could describe the beauty of them. The tall, stately palm trees, the cactus plants like so many queer workings of nature and loveliest of all the flower gardens, tulips, daffodils, forget-me-nots, cala-lilies, tiger lilies, and so many others. So breathtakingly beautiful, so sweetly smelling, such a splash of colors. Oh me - we had dinner about 5:30 at the Oasis (Outside New Haven) Gee it was delicious -

No comments:

Post a Comment