3.25.2012

March 25, 1939, Saturday

March 25, 1939, Saturday

When I woke up this morning my face was swollen but otherwise I felt alright so I got ready to go. Got excused at 11:00 and went to the dentist for a final checkup. He said to take aspirin and use cold compresses. I bought a pair of half rubbers in case of rain and went back to the office where Marion's brother drove us to Berlin. Miss Bancroft drove down on the train with us. Well when we got to NY we walked all over to the Astor Hotel and got our rooms after which we walked down Fifth Ave and over to the 5 and 10 cent Kressses (?) for souvenirs then back to the hotel and into the Arangile (?) Dining room for supper which I didn't enjoy very much, oh my tooth! Then we went to see "Leave It to Me" with Wm Gaxton, Sophie Tucker, Victor Moore, Mary Martin, and others. It was good then we walked up Times Square and Broadway, ate in the automat and took bath and to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment