4.06.2012

April 6, 1939, Thursday

April 6, 1939, Thursday

Ruthie's birthday today, Mom and I chipped together bought her a Mickey Mouse wrist watch. She had a cake of course and lots of other presents.

Oh oh what a day this has been! Olga and I had a showdown! Finally! This morning it seems I did something that wasn't right, I still don't understand what I did but she bawled me out plenty and made me feel like something under a stone. I told Janie about it going down to the bank and once I'd gotten if off my chest I felt better about it and I decided I wouldn't hold a grudge against Olga and I'd just laugh it off the way I've done in the past when she's been a crank. However in the afternoon I ventured a timed remark about what I'd done and she turned on me and said I'd been very rude blah blah so I let loose and told her just what I thought of her and that I wasn't going to stand for her talking to me the way she has and I certainly told her plenty! She didn't say anything and I kept to myself and did only the work I thought I should and didn't ask about anything! She got sweeter as the day went on but I just ignored her. It started to pour so I walked in the pouring rain up to Birnbaums to look at some dresses. Why who should come in but Olga she spoke first and later she called me over to see the gown she was buying to be bridesmaid at her brother's wedding in. She really looked lovely and I admired it and then I went and said goodbye and she said sweetly goodbye Inkie. One thing I'm not being a doormat anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment