4.08.2012

April 8, 1939, Saturday

April 8, 1939, Saturday

Marit and I helped clean house this morning and then I went with her to look for a suit and hat and shoes. We went to practically every store there was but Marit just couldn't find a thing she wanted. I had to meet the girls in the movies at 2:00 so I took Marit with me and we met them and saw "Dodge City" with Errol Flynn (oh hes wonderful) and Olivia De Haviland. It was so very good. Then after the movies we went around again and Karin came with us to a few stores but it got to be too much for her so she wanted Marit after she'd finally found a jacket to get the rest by herself while I went home with her for supper. When I wouldn't consent she went off in a huff and Marit and I continued with no success finally we decided to go home and eat and Marit would take Mary Voss with her and look for shoes and hat. Later Rachel and Ann Marie and Junior were here from Brooklyn when we came Marit got her hat and shoes with Marr.

No comments:

Post a Comment