8.11.2012

August 11, 1939 Friday

August 11, 1939 Friday

I couldn't pass up the golden opportunity of making a whole quarter again tonight so I worked. That makes a dollar I've earned this week with just overtime. Got my three weeks check of $44.55 and did I feel wealthy! Bought a lot of junk this noon including fishnet scarves, white, pink, and blue! Karl paid me back $10.00 last night so I'm rich! Met Eunice at the bank and she said she would come up tonight for awhile and she did! She brought Pete with her and the folks met him for the first time. They like him as who wouldn't - he's got a wonderful personality. We had ice cream and soda, Pete played the piano. He plays wonderfully. Wonder what this Plummer is like? He's going to be best man incidentally. If he's nice at all I think I'll like him, I'm in the mood to like someone. Gee I've been so busy writing about other things I haven't said a word about my vacation! Although work for two whole weeks and please let them be wonderful weeks.
P.S. Ruthie is still not feeling well I hope she recovers before I go or I'll worry so about her.

No comments:

Post a Comment