8.13.2012

August 13, 1939 Sunday

Vacation - The Big Day Arrives

August 13, 1939 Sunday

I slept late this morning I really needed to sleep. Had dinner late and fussed around doing my nails, taking a bath and finally getting ready. Mart called and said they would meet me at 4:20 at the R.R. Arcade - Sooo Lawrence and Mikey carried my luggage down for me and we got our tickets and got on the bus for Berlin and a few minutes later on the train and on the way to New York. When the train stopped at Grand Central I secured a porter and told him to put us in a taxi which he did and then to the Barbizon where we filled out all sorts of cards and finally got in to our rooms. So cute mini in pinkish and this blue radio and we got a bath and a shower. It rained but cleared up by the time we went out. Walked around and stopped at Childs for fruit salad and milk. Now I'm going to take a shower. Gee it's hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment