8.19.2012

August 19, 1939 Saturday

August 19, 1939 Saturday

Up early this AM but then we generally are. Breakfast in Childs and stopped at Lafes and bought a box lunch to take with us to the fair. It started to rain and continued raining all day long. Went into the House of Jewels and the Kodak place also Westinghouse, Belgium, Norway again, and many others. Ate our lunch in Food North or was it Libbys? Yes Libbys. Went home early because of the rain. Had a sandwich and coffee in Lofts and then to the Hotel where we sat and listened to the radio and gabbed far into the night. It's the first jam session we've had and it was fun. Well tomorrow we go home and I'm glad - actually thrilled!! I'm cured of N.Y. and I want my mamma! I can hardly wait I feel as if I've been gone years.

No comments:

Post a Comment