8.24.2012

August 24, 1939 Thursday

August 24, 1939 Thursday

Ginny and I were awakened by an awfully loud banging on the front door. I looked at Ginny and Ginny looked at me. I put on my house coat and made no move to go downstairs. Ginny started to get dressed. The banging stopped, the dog quieted down and I picked up my courage and went downstairs where I proceeded to open the windows. The knocking started again and I edged my way to the door. It was only a girl from across the street and all she wanted to know was if we had a certain party in the house that was wanted on the phone - we hadn't - that's that. Played croquet and lazed around. Ginny's John came after supper and we sat around for quite a while and then he took  us home. Got in 11:30. He's rather nice, not very tall, thinning hair, but attractive in a nice way.

No comments:

Post a Comment