6.17.2012

June 17, 1939 Saturday

June 17, 1939 Saturday

I was awakened at quarter after six this morning and out of bed at half past. Ginny and Kay and the driver came at 7:30. We had fun going up. Ginny wore slacks and Kay overalls. Got there at 12:30 which was darn good driving. It was wonderful to see Marmee and Sue and the rest of them. We had a wonderful time. We saddled Ned, the old work horse and rode him. Marmee took a picture of Kay sitting back of me on the horse. Embarrassing but amusing incident - As I attempted to get off the horse got my foot caught in the stirrup and fell flat on my stomach! We played croquet and after supper rode down to the village store and while down there our chauffeur drove up with his brother, sister, and another girl. They were going to a dance in Montpelier and wanted us to come along. We weren't dressed up at all but were finally coerced into going. Every other dance was a square dance and we had fun. Got home around 12:45 I should say and Ginny and I had the room over the kitchen. I love Vermont.

No comments:

Post a Comment