6.08.2012

June 8, 1936 Thursday

June 8, 1936 Thursday

Ann Anderson's birthday today. She's 25 - I believe. Imagine! It doesn't even seem possible - she doesn't look any older! I bought Karin a satin Barbiz slip and Dot and I got the F.Y.P. present - (Also underwear for her). I had meeting and oh what a hectic time. Karin came for supper and she was worn out and rather discouraged it seems Ray's family doesn't like her after all. She's making him too independent and their afraid the kids will run off and get married. Ray's had a big fuss with his family and even threatened to leave home. Well to get back to meeting - Dot was expecting Irving who was late and Noa didn't feel well and had to lie down and Karin didn't blow out all the birthday candles and between us all things were pretty upset - Irving came for Dot, Sky for Noa, and Ivar for Karin. Ev and Ginny stayed with me for awhile longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment