6.18.2012

June 18, 1939 Sunday

June 18, 1939 Sunday

I vaguely remember Ginny asking me what time it was and then the next thing I knew I opened my eyes to find myself quite alone. My first thoughts were 'Help! I've been robbed - Where's Ginny' Then I heard voices and the clinking of dishes downstairs so not relishing being cheated of breakfast I threw on my clothes and rushed downstairs. Sue had muffins - need I say more! Wish I could remember everything we did and in the order we did them in but I can't so I'll just surmise if that's correct? We walked over to Donald's and Jimmies home and met some visitors they had. They've got a darling little girl called Ruth Mary. We walked through the oldest cemetery in the state and read the old ancient epitaphs. After dinner Ginny and I played and Sue came in and talked with us then Elva and her 3 children came and we sat outside and talked. Jimmy and her family came too. We had a light lunch and started home about 6:15, got home at 12:00. Such a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment