6.27.2012

June 27, 1939 Tuesday

"Found out Eunice Engaged!"
June 27, 1939 Tuesday

Eunice is engaged to Pete! Ginny and I went up there after work but we didn't notice anything unusual. Eunice handed me the paper holding her left hand with the diamond very conspicuously as she asked, "Don't you want to see it?" But dumb me I thought she meant the paper and didn't notice the ring! She didn't say anything about it until after supper. We were sitting around the table and Mrs. Dickinson said something about us needing glasses and a little later Eunice said "Shall I show them" and her mother said "Well you're just dying to so you better". Then Eunice showed us the diamond and told us about it. She got it last Tuesday. She showed us all the stuff in her hope chest and she does have plenty. Well she's the first of my special friends to get engaged! She'll be married next year in the fall she says.

No comments:

Post a Comment