7.16.2012

July 16, 1939 Sunday

July 16, 1939 Sunday

Ev woke me up! She just can't bear to see me peacefully asleep when she's fully awake! We breakfasted and then went over to see how Jessie was. They had the doctors for her again last night and Mrs. Markham said she finally got some sleep. She didn't seem very good but we thought it would be better if we went downstairs. We were there when we heard her call. Ev ran upstairs and then called Mrs. Markham. I ran up too and we found Jess gasping for breath. It was terrible! Ev went to call the doctors and I stayed and rubbed Jessie's back as that seemed to relieve her. Marcel came and his presence helped her too.When the doctor came in he gave her a shot in the arm and told Mrs. Markham that the best place for her would be  under an oxygen tent in a hospital and Mrs. M agreed so the Dr made arrangements and Ev and I got her dressed and Marcel got her downstairs and into the car. Ev and I were so upset we couldn't eat very much and the pleasure went out of our day. I hope she gets better soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment