7.09.2012

July 9, 1939 Sunday

July 9, 1939 Sunday

I got up about 10:00 this AM and to my great surprise Karl got up shortly after. Together we got breakfast on the table and Ginny joined us. By mistake I put salt in the sugar bowl and Ginny put it on her cereal. The face she made! Karl said he wanted dinner ready at 12:30 but when he came home at 12:30 we hadn't even started. However we flew around the kitchen and managed to throw together a meal. It was darn good even if I say so myself. Cube steak with onions, cooked potatoes, potato salad, Lettuce, pickle and tomato salad, green peas, cucumber and fruit cocktail for dessert. Ginny and I decided we could get married anytime. There wasn't anything to do in the afternoon so we just read the Sunday papers and etc. until I got the bright idea of making waffles. They didn't look so hot but they tasted good. All in all it was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment