7.04.2012

June 4, 1939 Tuesday

Independence Day

June 4, 1939 Tuesday

Ev woke me by throwing a quilt at me. After making our bed we went downstairs and had breakfast. We took a blanket and went down to the beach and lay there for a couple hours. When we went up we met Ginny who had just come. After dinner I put on Ev's bathing suit (I didn't bring mine). Art came, we picked up Ginny and went down to the beach again. We were soon joined by Marcel and Jessie who had firecrackers and cameras. Ginny didn't have her swimsuit and Ev couldn't go in so Art, Marcel, Jess, and I went swimming. First swim of the year for me. Franny was out in his sailboat so we got in and sailed for about an hour. Then back up, got dressed, and had something to eat. Art drove us home, we stopped for hot dogs. Went up to "the hill" in Middletown and watched the fireworks. It's been fun today.

No comments:

Post a Comment