7.25.2012

July 25, 1939 Tuesday

July 25, 1939 Tuesday

Today has been so hot and I'm really quite disappointed. Ginny and I decided to go to the movies tonight. Ginny had to work until six so I decided I would do a little shopping downtown - get my shoes and a white bag etc. And that's why I'm disappointed, I couldn't get either of the things I wanted so I went into Contaris and ordered a coke and waited for Ginny to show up. We went to the Embassy and saw Robert Donat and Greer Garson in "Goodbye Mr. Chips". It was marvelous! When I see acting like that I can do nothing but marvel at the genius of the actors. The co-feature was "Parents on Trial" with Jean Parker, Johnny Downs, Noah Berry Jr., and others. It was rather cute. Home and much too hot to eat. Ginny and I ate 3 doughnuts a piece in the movies. No wonder I couldn't eat supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment