7.27.2012

July 27, 1939 Thursday

"Red Letter Day, Noa's News, Ev's Job"

July 27, 1939 Thursday

I really didn't think I was going to have much of a meeting tonight. In the first place, Ginny said she couldn't come and I was so disappointed but then she found out she could so I asked her up for supper (she had to work until 6:00). Later Ev called and said she couldn't come because right after graduation she was going down to a lake with some girl who has a cottage there. I was so disappointed but glad Noa and Ginny were still showing up. Noa, Ginny, and I were talking and Noa unable to keep things to herself any longer told us she wouldn't be going back to work after her vacation in September. She wouldn't say for sure but I believe she's going to get married or else she's already married and going to announce it in September, she told us not to mention it to anyone else. She will be the first of F.Y.P. married if she does (or is). I nearly cried when she was talking about it. I'm afraid the F.Y.P. won't be the same ever again! Ginny is, I think, falling in love with this John Hartman. Ev called and said she was coming up and she did. She looked lovely in her white dress. She told us more big news! She's got a job! In Travelers! She starts Tuesday so now we're all working girls and maybe one wife (Noa said she would tell all in September and surprise us all very much).

No comments:

Post a Comment