7.08.2012

July 8, 1939 Saturday

July 8, 1939 Saturday

"Ginny's First Date with John!!"

I've certainly had a busy day. I cleaned the house thoroughly this morning as Mom was busy getting ready to go. I met Ginny downtown at 2:00 and we went to the Embassy and saw Shirley Temple in "Susannah of the Mounties". Also "6,000 Enemies" with Walter Pidgeon and Rita Johnson who is incidentally very likable and pretty. We went in the "Star" for a coke after the movies then Ginny went home to keep her date and I went home to make supper for Karl. I then ironed clothes and cleaned house some more and even washed a pile of clothes in the washing machine. It was around 10:00 then. It rained so I couldn't hang them out. I washed my hair and did my nails and sat down to read until Ginny came. Karl came first about quarter to 2:00 and Ginny came at 2:15. Was I relieved! We had something to eat and the three of us sat talking until almost three then finally to bed.

They went to the Waverly. He kissed her and kissed her goodnight - hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment