7.07.2012

July 7, 1939 Friday

Mother's Birthday, 49 yrs

July 7, 1939 Friday

Mother's birthday is practically over now. Karl and I put our funds together and as usual I had to get the presents. I got her a white pocketbook, a batiste nightgown, pair of panties (extra size)(our usual joke), and a card with 2 dollars in it. Rachel baked her a chocolate cake and Mr. and Mrs. Christopherson came up tonight and gave her an apron and a towel, I've been so busy tonight. All of a sudden I've been bitten by an urge to work. Must be the condition I'm in! I asked Ginny if she would come up and stay with me this weekend because the folks were going down to Sound View. She has a date Saturday night but she's going to have him bring her here. Noa called and wanted me to join them there but of course I couldn't. Bought my white beads today first start of my new wardrobe. Mrs. Jensen called Mom up and Mom told her just what she thinks of G.B. and the way they were treated down there!

No comments:

Post a Comment