2.11.2012

February 11, 1939, Saturday

February 11, 1939, Saturday

Ev, Ginny and I went to the Strand in the afternoon and saw "Wings of the Navy" with John Payne (and is he nice!!) George Brent and Olivia De Haviland - It was so good. We sat in front of a gang of boys who kept trying to attract my attention. I heard them betting on something and finally gathered some were betting I was "Jean" and some said I wasn't. Finally I had to turn around and tell them I wasn't "Jean" whoever she was. I got home around 6:30 got dressed, had supper, and sat around and waited. He was late and it made me very mad. We went to the Palace in Hartford and saw "Honolulu" with Robert Young and Eleanor Powell - very funny, I held hands - after movies went right home as he had to pick up his folks at 12:00. Got home at 12:00, he didn't kiss me - good - I do not care much for him he's so conceited and hasn't any manners. I told him I'd rather have him call me so I guess I won't see him again until the dance. I hope!*

1 comment: