2.17.2012

February 17, 1939, Friday

February 17, 1939, Friday

Oh Joy!! Oh thrill Oh! Oh! Dot, Ginny, and I went to Hartford after work as we planned. On the bus going up we got good and catty and discussed Karin thoroughly - I'll bet her ears were burning! D and G were disgusted with her because she always has so much to say about other people and then she doesn't stick to plans herself. I said Karin has the idea she can make any fellow and she hopes she doesn't make Marr and I said it would serve her right if she did!! We certainly didn't leave anything unsaid!! We went to the Sea Food for supper. Dot and I had Broiled Spring Chicken, peas and J.J. Potatoes. Ginny wanted something to drink so she and I had a Manhattan before dinner and was it awful Ugh! Of course for dessert we had Pie A La Mode - The service was terrible but the food wasn't bad. Then we went straight to the state and saw Hal Kemp and Orchestra. Judy Starr was adorable. In fact the whole show was good - took the bus home and I got off at Stanley St. and I went downtown to take Oak St. bus and was I glad! I noticed this boy standing beside me while I waiting for the bus. I looked at him and he at me and then I turned away then something made me look again and it was Dave! I smiled and said "hello" he said "I didn't think you knew me" and I said, "I didn't at first" and he said "I was afraid I'd scare you if I spoke" and I agreed he probably would. We laughed and then the bus came and he sat with me and was talked about bands and plays in New York until we reached my st. Gee he is nice!*

No comments:

Post a Comment