2.18.2012

February 18, 1939, Saturday

February 18, 1939, Saturday

Oh I wished and wished I didn't have to get up and go to work this A.M. but it didn't do any good I had to go anyway. As I'd seen Honolulu I didn't go to the movies - Took out my black net gown - Its alright nothing startling but I guess I better wear it anyway. Got my wrap from the cleaners. It looks lovely. Called up Ev and talked with her for awhile. She's still got her cold. From what she said I guess I'll either go out riding with them tomorrow or go up there to visit. Mom and Pop have gone up to Jensens. Karl and Marit are our so just Lawrence and I are up. Ruthie's asleep. The Hit Parade* is on and I'm getting sleepier and sleepier. Wish I were going to the dance with Dave.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah, I am really enjoying Ingrid's diary- what a great project! Thought you'd like to know that the Hit Parade referenced here was a radio show, not a music group as you have linked to in the notes. I'm old enough to remember it as a TV show, I'm afraid! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Your_Hit_Parade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! There are so many references Gram has in her diary that I am not familiar with!

    ReplyDelete