1.10.2012

January 10, 1939 Tuesday

January 10, 1939 Tuesday

I decided the moment I saw the article in the paper yesterday concerning the Jitney Players* that I wanted to see them and I did! The real reason I wanted to go was because I thought I probably would see Dave and seeing as this was supposed to be my lucky day I hoped for good results. I was disappointed - I didn't even see him. I called Karin and asked her if she wanted to go to the Teachers College to see Ethel Barrymore Colt* in "End of Summer" E. Colt is Ethel Barrymore's daughter! Karin said she had been thinking of going too. So I grabbed the bus and met Karin in front of her house. She said Ivar was holding seats for us. She didn't even mention Dave - darn it - I'll never believe a Chain Luck Letter again. The play was good and the leading lady Bettina Cerf* very good -

No comments:

Post a Comment