1.07.2012

January 7, 1939 Saturday

January 7, 1939 Saturday

​We worked this morning and didn’t hate it! Went down and got weighed on the factory scales, 138 lbs. I’ve got it all figured out, that if I lose 2 lbs a week by March I should have a rather slim figure. Went to the movies this afternoon and saw Loretta Young and Richard Greene in “Kentucky”*. It was about what I expected, good but not outstanding. I met Karin, Ginny and Ev in the movies as prearranged and after the show (incidentally we saw pictures of the N.B.H.S. game and Manuel H.S. game) we went to Contaris and had sodas and later I went shopping for gloves and knickknacks?? Now Ruthie and I are home alone and I’ve got so many things I want to do. I better get started. Mom and Pop went to Lante Mayas house to a party – Marit went to a dance and Laurence and Karl went to a basketball game and here I am – much later – Mom and Pop came home – Mom says they picked Dave up in Bristol and he drove the car the rest of the way home – now he’s met the folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment