1.03.2012

January 3, 1939 Tuesday

January 3, 1939 Tuesday

I thought I would get so much done to my clothes and get to bed early but I was wrong. Eunice dropped in after working overtime at her office. She was playing a game with Ruthie when the phone rang. It was for me and was I surprised to hear a male voice! He wouldn’t say who he was but he mentioned the name “Frankie”. Still I didn’t recognize the voice. He said he would be by in 20 minutes and bring Karin and a friend to chaperon. I couldn’t imagine who it was but I thought it would be fun to find out so I rushed in and got dressed. Was putting on my face when the doorbell rang. Eunice answered and who was it but Art and Ev. I might have known! I was disappointed but mad too – Eunice roared, she thought it was so funny. Well I guess it was but somehow my hopes rose and fell so fast I hadn’t quite recovered. I think I managed pretty well and tried to laugh along with the rest. After all I’ve got to be able to take a joke. Wish I weren’t so sensitive but I hate to make a fool out of myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment