1.08.2012

January 8, 1939 Sunday

January 8, 1939 Sunday

​Because I didn’t get to sleep until so late last night I thought I would sleep late this morning but Ev called up about nine and asked if I’d like to go riding with them so of course I said I’d love to and they came for me about 10:15. At first we didn’t know where we were going and I got sort of car sick but that passed over as we headed towards N.Y! Was I thrilled – the road was perfect and so was the day. We got into N.Y., drove along Riverside Drive, saw the Empire State Building, drove through the Holland Tunnel over to N.J. over Pulaski Skyway and over to the Newark Airport where we had dinner then back over the Geo. Washington Bridge. We stopped in Stamford on our way home and saw some of Ev’s cousins. They were nice, had a son Bob about our age –

No comments:

Post a Comment