1.19.2012

January 19, 1939, Thursday

January 19, 1939, Thursday

This is my lucky day! Yippee! Mom asked me to ask Miss Bancroft if she had a job for Bobby Anderson so after work tonight I sort of lingered on so I could talk to her alone. Olga asked me why I wanted to see her alone so said I very humorously (understand) "Oh I'm going to ask her for a raise- I'm going to say- 'Miss Bancroft, I have been offered a job at blank blank and unless I get a raise - ??' Olga laughed and wished me Good Luck and then as I headed for Miss B's office she then said- "Ingrid, the Co. is making changes in salaries so hereater your salary will be 15.00!" She just about took my breath away! So after thanking her profusely I showed her my picture from Lounges and asked her about Bobby she was so nice she's going to see him and etc. So I thanked her and then I said with laughter in my voice, Thank you for everything! - Noa called up, wants me to go to the movies but I didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment