1.28.2012

January 28, 1939, Saturday

January 28, 1939, Saturday

This afternoon we went to the movies and saw "Son of Frankenstein" and "The Mad Miss Manton" with Barbara Stanwych and Henry Fonda*. It was a good show and the girls and I enjoyed every bit of it. Went to the Contaris and then we all rushed home to get ready for our dates- my how unusual - Ingrid with a date! He came about 7:20 and I introduced him to Karl and Mom. He looked nice - We went up to the Polis in Hartford and saw "Idiot's Delight" with Clark Gable and Norma Shearer*, also a Mr. Moto Picture*. I had to sit on the stairs at first on account of no seats. After the movies we drove around looking for a place not too crowded so we could have something to eat. We couldn't find a place so we headed home. Sat in front of my house for awhile and he kissed me and I let him on account of I wanted to get in and go to bed -

No comments:

Post a Comment