1.02.2012

January 2, 1939 Monday

January 2, 1939 Monday

Ev got me out of bed by phoning about 12:30. I certainly was tired! She asked me up but I was still so sleepy I couldn’t decide what to do so I said I’d call her later. Karin called and asked us both up (Ev and I). Ev came up here after dinner and we walked up there. We sat in Karin’s room and played records then Ivar came home with two boy friends Henry and Frank. They joined us and we played more records and in between times we tuned in on the Rose Bowl Game – Duke vs. South Calif. Karin had $2.00 bet on S. Cal. I thought Duke would win and so did Frank (Incidentally N.B.H.S. lost the game in La. 20-28). Mrs. Jenson made supper and we went downstairs and helped her and ate (of course). S. Cal. Won the game at the last moment 7-3 and was Karin excited. Ivar and Frank washed the dishes, Karin and Henry wiped, Ev and I supervised?? We had such fun! Laughed ourselves silly. Later we put Ev on the bus and the rest walked me home. Frank and I leading, in front of my house all sang “Goodnite Ingrid” me too. Haven’t had such fun for ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment